Heath appoint new management duo
Playing duo take over from Scott Lacey and Wes Awad
FOOTBALL: COLNEY Heath have appointed Glenn Draper and Kevin Cooper as their new management duo.
The Magpies were on the lookout for a new management team following the resignation of bosses Scott Lacey and Wes Awad at the end of the last campaign and have moved to get Cooper and Draper, both of whom played for the club last season, on board to try and better last season’s fifth placed finish and Premier Division Cup win. Both men are 33 and have no managerial experience but Colney Heath chairman Martin Marlborough says that isn’t something that worries him.
“We don’t think we’re taking a punt on these two because it’s exactly the same thing we did with Scott and Wes three years ago when they had no managerial experience,” he told the Herts Advertiser.
“We welcome them on board and I’m sure we’ll continue to enjoy success. We’re looking to maintain our league position, we don’t want to be taking a step back and I think this is a good opportunity for two people who we think can contribute to the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Marlborough revealed that the club had made contact with former London Colney boss Frank Patrick with a view to joining the club’s new look management set-up.
“Should we find ourselves with both Glen and Kevin on the pitch at the same time, we’re trying to entice Frank Patrick to the club who we think will be an excellent number two,” explained Marlborough.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
The squad report back for pre-season training on Tuesday, June 28 and all are welcome to attend. The Magpies have been draw at home to Harpenden Town in the Herts Charity Shield and this game will take place on Tuesday, August 9. The Magpies will again field a reserve team in the Capital League as well as welcoming back St Peter’s as tenants after a successful ground share last season.