Heath appoint new management duo
Playing duo take over from Scott Lacey and Wes Awad
FOOTBALL: COLNEY Heath have appointed Glenn Draper and Kevin Cooper as their new management duo.
The Magpies were on the lookout for a new management team following the resignation of bosses Scott Lacey and Wes Awad at the end of the last campaign and have moved to get Cooper and Draper, both of whom played for the club last season, on board to try and better last season’s fifth placed finish and Premier Division Cup win. Both men are 33 and have no managerial experience but Colney Heath chairman Martin Marlborough says that isn’t something that worries him.
“We don’t think we’re taking a punt on these two because it’s exactly the same thing we did with Scott and Wes three years ago when they had no managerial experience,” he told the Herts Advertiser.
“We welcome them on board and I’m sure we’ll continue to enjoy success. We’re looking to maintain our league position, we don’t want to be taking a step back and I think this is a good opportunity for two people who we think can contribute to the club.”
You may also want to watch:
Marlborough revealed that the club had made contact with former London Colney boss Frank Patrick with a view to joining the club’s new look management set-up.
“Should we find ourselves with both Glen and Kevin on the pitch at the same time, we’re trying to entice Frank Patrick to the club who we think will be an excellent number two,” explained Marlborough.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The squad report back for pre-season training on Tuesday, June 28 and all are welcome to attend. The Magpies have been draw at home to Harpenden Town in the Herts Charity Shield and this game will take place on Tuesday, August 9. The Magpies will again field a reserve team in the Capital League as well as welcoming back St Peter’s as tenants after a successful ground share last season.