Heath and Town record victories
FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: COLNEY Heath recorded a morale boosting win at Holmer Green in the SSML Premier Division on Tuesday evening.
The Magpies who suffered a 2-1 defeat at Hullbridge Sports in the FA Vase on Saturday, recovered from conceding an early goal scored by Holmer’s Eliot Darby to record a 3-1 win.
Front man Ricky Perks drew the Magpies level on the 30 minutes mark before second half strikes from Ian Cooper – who also netted on Saturday - handed Heath all three points.
Harpenden Town’s impressive start to the Division One campaign continues after two successive 3-1 victories.
The first came on Saturday when Bob Fowler’s men defeat high flying Tokyngton Manor at Rothamsted Park.
You may also want to watch:
Danny Green fired Town ahead in the fifth minute only and Jimmy Hill doubled the advantage 12 minutes later. Emond Protein, Division One’s top scorer, reduced the deficit with his 19th goal in just nine games but Town put the result beyond doubt when Hill grabbed his second on the stroke of half-time.
Harpenden followed that up on Tuesday evening with victory over Kentish Town.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
The visitors went ahead through Jordan McFarlane’s 16th minute strike but David Keenlyside levelled before the break.
Harpenden completed the turnaround late on as Hill twice in the space of three minutes to take Town up to fourth.