Heartbreak for Oaklands Wolves with narrow losses in Womens’ British Basketball League
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves Basketball suffered heartbreak in the WBBL at the weekend with narrow losses to Cardiff Met Archers and Barking Abbey Crusaders.
Saturday’s defeat was particularly tough to take.
Leading by 16 going into the final quarter, Wolves extended their advantage to 19 with a three-pointer from Kyla Nelson.
But led by the mecurial Judit Fritz, Cardiff fought back to take the lead with 34 seconds to go.
Two free-throws by Fritz, who finished on 24 points, completed the amazing 68-65 win.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson top-scored for Wolves with 17 and racked up an impressive 31 on Sunday.
However, that wasn’t enough to bring the victory either as Wolves lost 76-60 to Crusaders.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Again they led, this time by 37-28 at half-time, but the extra depth of the Barking side was too much for the young Wolfpack.
Their next chance for a maiden WBBL win comes on December 11 away to Westfield Health Sheffield Hatters.