Heartbreak for Oaklands Wolves with narrow losses in Womens’ British Basketball League
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves Basketball suffered heartbreak in the WBBL at the weekend with narrow losses to Cardiff Met Archers and Barking Abbey Crusaders.
Saturday’s defeat was particularly tough to take.
Leading by 16 going into the final quarter, Wolves extended their advantage to 19 with a three-pointer from Kyla Nelson.
But led by the mecurial Judit Fritz, Cardiff fought back to take the lead with 34 seconds to go.
Two free-throws by Fritz, who finished on 24 points, completed the amazing 68-65 win.
Nelson top-scored for Wolves with 17 and racked up an impressive 31 on Sunday.
However, that wasn’t enough to bring the victory either as Wolves lost 76-60 to Crusaders.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Again they led, this time by 37-28 at half-time, but the extra depth of the Barking side was too much for the young Wolfpack.
Their next chance for a maiden WBBL win comes on December 11 away to Westfield Health Sheffield Hatters.