Heartbreak for Oaklands Wolves with narrow losses in Womens’ British Basketball League
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves Basketball suffered heartbreak in the WBBL at the weekend with narrow losses to Cardiff Met Archers and Barking Abbey Crusaders.
Saturday’s defeat was particularly tough to take.
Leading by 16 going into the final quarter, Wolves extended their advantage to 19 with a three-pointer from Kyla Nelson.
But led by the mecurial Judit Fritz, Cardiff fought back to take the lead with 34 seconds to go.
Two free-throws by Fritz, who finished on 24 points, completed the amazing 68-65 win.
You may also want to watch:
Nelson top-scored for Wolves with 17 and racked up an impressive 31 on Sunday.
However, that wasn’t enough to bring the victory either as Wolves lost 76-60 to Crusaders.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Again they led, this time by 37-28 at half-time, but the extra depth of the Barking side was too much for the young Wolfpack.
Their next chance for a maiden WBBL win comes on December 11 away to Westfield Health Sheffield Hatters.