Haynes puts Heath to the sword
Football results round-up
COLNEY Heath suffered a big defeat at the hands of Hillingdon Borough in the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday night with Boro’s Paul Haynes the man doing the damage.
Haynes handed Boro an eighth minute lead which was doubled when Adam Willis slotted home.
Ricky Perks then got Colney Heath on the scoreboard in the 20th minute before Haynes took total control. The Hillingdon man grabbed his second goal of the game in the 28th minute before hitting a second half treble to finish the evening with five of Hillingdon’s six goals in the 6-1 final scoreline.
The Magpies shared the points with London Tigers on Saturday afternoon as Dean Renphrey’s 91st minute goal cancelled out Ehad Ponxha’s opening goal.
Harpenden Town moved into the second round of the Anagram Records Trophy with a 2-1 win over Totternhoe on Saturday.
Jimmy Hill put Town ahead just before half time but the hosts drew level when Chris Golding scored just after the hour mark. Town’s winner came with eight minutes left to play when Jack Downes converted from the penalty spot.
- 1 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 6 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 8 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Try-happy Cents brings grand final success and leaves coach thrilled
A hat-trick from Tobi Akin condemned Harpenden to a 5-3 defeat against Chesham United Reserves in the Challenge Trophy. Tommy Burns, Downes and Adam Smith got Town’s goals.
St Albans City Midweek Youth continued their fine start to the season with a 6-1 win over basement side North Greenford United.
Getting City’s goals were Joshua Davies, Elliott Bailey, Marino Hadji-Savva, Joe Zazzera, James Shaw and Matthew Taylor