Haynes puts Heath to the sword
Football results round-up
COLNEY Heath suffered a big defeat at the hands of Hillingdon Borough in the Challenge Trophy on Tuesday night with Boro’s Paul Haynes the man doing the damage.
Haynes handed Boro an eighth minute lead which was doubled when Adam Willis slotted home.
Ricky Perks then got Colney Heath on the scoreboard in the 20th minute before Haynes took total control. The Hillingdon man grabbed his second goal of the game in the 28th minute before hitting a second half treble to finish the evening with five of Hillingdon’s six goals in the 6-1 final scoreline.
The Magpies shared the points with London Tigers on Saturday afternoon as Dean Renphrey’s 91st minute goal cancelled out Ehad Ponxha’s opening goal.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden Town moved into the second round of the Anagram Records Trophy with a 2-1 win over Totternhoe on Saturday.
Jimmy Hill put Town ahead just before half time but the hosts drew level when Chris Golding scored just after the hour mark. Town’s winner came with eight minutes left to play when Jack Downes converted from the penalty spot.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
A hat-trick from Tobi Akin condemned Harpenden to a 5-3 defeat against Chesham United Reserves in the Challenge Trophy. Tommy Burns, Downes and Adam Smith got Town’s goals.
St Albans City Midweek Youth continued their fine start to the season with a 6-1 win over basement side North Greenford United.
Getting City’s goals were Joshua Davies, Elliott Bailey, Marino Hadji-Savva, Joe Zazzera, James Shaw and Matthew Taylor