Haworth heads to Hemel
Striker joins rival on a month’s loan
STRIKER Rob Haworth has joined Southern League Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead Town on a month’s loan.
The 36-year-old has been recovering from a hamstring injury sustained during a period with Ryman League outfit Leatherhead and City boss David Howell believes this is good opportunity for the forward to gain match fitness.
“Rob remains a popular and important member of our squad but it is better that he goes and gets some game time rather than sit on our bench,” said Howell.
“We have reached an agreement with Hemel that he will help them out over the next month and we will review the situation after that. I am told he is on 199 appearances for Saints so we will hope he can make it 200 before the end of the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Haworth is in his second spell at Clarence Park and has scored five goals in 17 appearances so far this season.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Lockdown life to be recorded in two museums projects
- 9 Love is in the air - check out these Valentine's treats
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?