Haworth heads to Hemel
Striker joins rival on a month’s loan
STRIKER Rob Haworth has joined Southern League Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead Town on a month’s loan.
The 36-year-old has been recovering from a hamstring injury sustained during a period with Ryman League outfit Leatherhead and City boss David Howell believes this is good opportunity for the forward to gain match fitness.
“Rob remains a popular and important member of our squad but it is better that he goes and gets some game time rather than sit on our bench,” said Howell.
“We have reached an agreement with Hemel that he will help them out over the next month and we will review the situation after that. I am told he is on 199 appearances for Saints so we will hope he can make it 200 before the end of the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Haworth is in his second spell at Clarence Park and has scored five goals in 17 appearances so far this season.
- 1 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 2 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Batchwood Hall COVID vaccine team warn of potential scam call
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans named among UK's million-pound property hotspots