Haworth heads to Hemel
Striker joins rival on a month’s loan
STRIKER Rob Haworth has joined Southern League Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead Town on a month’s loan.
The 36-year-old has been recovering from a hamstring injury sustained during a period with Ryman League outfit Leatherhead and City boss David Howell believes this is good opportunity for the forward to gain match fitness.
“Rob remains a popular and important member of our squad but it is better that he goes and gets some game time rather than sit on our bench,” said Howell.
“We have reached an agreement with Hemel that he will help them out over the next month and we will review the situation after that. I am told he is on 199 appearances for Saints so we will hope he can make it 200 before the end of the season.”
You may also want to watch:
Haworth is in his second spell at Clarence Park and has scored five goals in 17 appearances so far this season.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire