Hawks remain unbeaten in Single-A League
- Credit: Archant
Herts Hawks remain unbeaten in the Single-A League after keeping a Brighton Redhawks fightback at bay in a 22-18 victory.
After two games, Hawks sit top of the standings ahead of their meeting with Richmond Dukes on May 5 at Grovehill Ballpark.
The Raptors, another Single-A team, suffered an opening day loss, going down 27-9 against Tonbridge. With six debutants in the line-ups, Hawks should improve throughout the season.
With the Falcons on a down week, the Eagles were Herts Baseball’s top team in action, as they took on London Mammoths in the second week of the Double-A League.
After two heavy losses on opening day, Mammoths handed Eagles their third loss in a row before Herts ended the streak with a 13-4 victory in the second game of the double-header.
You may also want to watch:
The U12 team prepared the upcoming season with a friendly against London Mets, who proved too strong on the day. With teams in every age group, it is not too late for players between four and 18 to join the club. Contact hertsbaseball.com for details.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans