Hawks remain unbeaten in Single-A League
- Credit: Archant
Herts Hawks remain unbeaten in the Single-A League after keeping a Brighton Redhawks fightback at bay in a 22-18 victory.
After two games, Hawks sit top of the standings ahead of their meeting with Richmond Dukes on May 5 at Grovehill Ballpark.
The Raptors, another Single-A team, suffered an opening day loss, going down 27-9 against Tonbridge. With six debutants in the line-ups, Hawks should improve throughout the season.
With the Falcons on a down week, the Eagles were Herts Baseball’s top team in action, as they took on London Mammoths in the second week of the Double-A League.
After two heavy losses on opening day, Mammoths handed Eagles their third loss in a row before Herts ended the streak with a 13-4 victory in the second game of the double-header.
You may also want to watch:
The U12 team prepared the upcoming season with a friendly against London Mets, who proved too strong on the day. With teams in every age group, it is not too late for players between four and 18 to join the club. Contact hertsbaseball.com for details.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district