Hatters Cup place for Wanderers
- Credit: Archant
Wheathampstead Wanderers U7s competed in the Hatters Cup on Saturday at the home of the Conference Premier champions Luton Town.
The Hatters Cup, which is sponsored by Pictons Solicitors, who also sponsor the Wanderers, is a nationwide youth football competition.
Team coach Ben Purple said: “The enjoyment of the children comes first at Wheathampstead Wanderers FC and success is not measured simply by results. It’s about creating a positive, fun and family-oriented environment.
“That said, the U7s did themselves, the parents and the club proud. A number of them were subsequently offered additional training from Luton Town FC coaches.”
He added: “The Hatters Cup was an unforgettable experience for our U7s and they were all so excited about playing at Luton’s football ground.
You may also want to watch:
“We were especially delighted to have a female player, Olivia Bartlett, in the team and we definitely want more girls to come forward and play.”
Wanderers’ season ends on June 14, the same day the club is hosting a presentation day.
- 1 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 2 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support
- 9 Batchwood Hall COVID vaccine team warn of potential scam call
- 10 The latest court results from the St Albans area