Hatters Cup place for Wanderers
- Credit: Archant
Wheathampstead Wanderers U7s competed in the Hatters Cup on Saturday at the home of the Conference Premier champions Luton Town.
The Hatters Cup, which is sponsored by Pictons Solicitors, who also sponsor the Wanderers, is a nationwide youth football competition.
Team coach Ben Purple said: “The enjoyment of the children comes first at Wheathampstead Wanderers FC and success is not measured simply by results. It’s about creating a positive, fun and family-oriented environment.
“That said, the U7s did themselves, the parents and the club proud. A number of them were subsequently offered additional training from Luton Town FC coaches.”
He added: “The Hatters Cup was an unforgettable experience for our U7s and they were all so excited about playing at Luton’s football ground.
You may also want to watch:
“We were especially delighted to have a female player, Olivia Bartlett, in the team and we definitely want more girls to come forward and play.”
Wanderers’ season ends on June 14, the same day the club is hosting a presentation day.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten