Hatters Cup place for Wanderers
- Credit: Archant
Wheathampstead Wanderers U7s competed in the Hatters Cup on Saturday at the home of the Conference Premier champions Luton Town.
The Hatters Cup, which is sponsored by Pictons Solicitors, who also sponsor the Wanderers, is a nationwide youth football competition.
Team coach Ben Purple said: “The enjoyment of the children comes first at Wheathampstead Wanderers FC and success is not measured simply by results. It’s about creating a positive, fun and family-oriented environment.
“That said, the U7s did themselves, the parents and the club proud. A number of them were subsequently offered additional training from Luton Town FC coaches.”
He added: “The Hatters Cup was an unforgettable experience for our U7s and they were all so excited about playing at Luton’s football ground.
“We were especially delighted to have a female player, Olivia Bartlett, in the team and we definitely want more girls to come forward and play.”
Wanderers’ season ends on June 14, the same day the club is hosting a presentation day.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy