Hatters Cup place for Wanderers
- Credit: Archant
Wheathampstead Wanderers U7s competed in the Hatters Cup on Saturday at the home of the Conference Premier champions Luton Town.
The Hatters Cup, which is sponsored by Pictons Solicitors, who also sponsor the Wanderers, is a nationwide youth football competition.
Team coach Ben Purple said: “The enjoyment of the children comes first at Wheathampstead Wanderers FC and success is not measured simply by results. It’s about creating a positive, fun and family-oriented environment.
“That said, the U7s did themselves, the parents and the club proud. A number of them were subsequently offered additional training from Luton Town FC coaches.”
He added: “The Hatters Cup was an unforgettable experience for our U7s and they were all so excited about playing at Luton’s football ground.
You may also want to watch:
“We were especially delighted to have a female player, Olivia Bartlett, in the team and we definitely want more girls to come forward and play.”
Wanderers’ season ends on June 14, the same day the club is hosting a presentation day.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire