Hats off to Flamstead after sensational win
FLAMSTEAD hit back from opening day defeat to record a stylish win against Hatfield II in Division Seven on Saturday. Skipper Andy Taylor won the toss and chose to bat first.
Flamstead 216-6 (53) Hatfield II 112-10 (42.3)
FLAMSTEAD hit back from opening day defeat to record a stylish win against Hatfield II in Division Seven on Saturday.
Skipper Andy Taylor won the toss and chose to bat first. He soon wondered if he had made the correct decision as Flamstead fell to 6-2. Taylor (48) then led a spirited recovery with Matt Brown (73) as they put on a stand of 122 to put the innings back on track. David Watson (46 not out) and Stephen Wright (13) put on 45 for the fourth wicket and Tim Wilkinson (10 not out) also contributed in a stand of 34 in five overs with Watson. Flamstead reached 216-6 off their 53 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Hatfield reply was decimated by Wilkinson who struck out 3-5 off nine overs and Dave 'Twiggy' Rogers who picked up 3-29. Hatfield were left on 41-7 before Golder (22) and skipper Jakes (24) initiated a revival. Wilkinson returned to trap Golder lbw and Rogers wrapped up the final two wickets to complete a sensational performance. Hatfield were blasted out for 112 off 42.3 overs, giving Flamstead a mighty 104 run victory inspired by the brilliance of Rogers (5-42 off 15.3 overs) and Wilkinson (4-17 off 17 overs).
Flamstead skipper Andy Taylor was delighted with the performance of his team. He said: "We recovered well from a disappointing start. We put in a much improved performance than last week against Dunstable. Rogers and Wilkinson bowled well and if we hadn't dropped half a dozen catches we could have had Hatfield out for about 50. It is great to get the first win."
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Flamstead host Little Berkhamsted Sahibs with a 1.30pm kick off at Friendless Lane on Saturday, looking for their second win in Division Seven of the Saracens Herts League.
Flamstead won the toss
Watson 46 not out
Wilkinson 10 not out