Hatfield United’s run of wins comes to an end at Aldenham
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield United’s improved run of results came to a crashing halt on Saturday with a 4-0 defeat away to Aldenham.
They had picked up five straight wins in Herts Senior County League Division One prior to Saturday, with ironically Aldenham being the last side to beat them, a run that saw them bound up the table.
United, who didn’t play last week, started off slow although both Dale Stewart and Cameron Leijgrave came close to scoring.
However, Aldenham got their noses in front on 30 minutes and a second followed two minutes into the second half following a defensive mistake.
It left Hatfield with a mountain to climb and as they pushed forward to try and get something out of the game, they were hit on the break by an Aldenham side who looked more up for it.
Two goals in the final 10 minutes just added salt into the wound and they will look to find their rhythm once again when they go to Oxhey on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Author's new book explores mental health during the pandemic