Hatfield United’s run of wins comes to an end at Aldenham
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield United’s improved run of results came to a crashing halt on Saturday with a 4-0 defeat away to Aldenham.
They had picked up five straight wins in Herts Senior County League Division One prior to Saturday, with ironically Aldenham being the last side to beat them, a run that saw them bound up the table.
United, who didn’t play last week, started off slow although both Dale Stewart and Cameron Leijgrave came close to scoring.
However, Aldenham got their noses in front on 30 minutes and a second followed two minutes into the second half following a defensive mistake.
It left Hatfield with a mountain to climb and as they pushed forward to try and get something out of the game, they were hit on the break by an Aldenham side who looked more up for it.
You may also want to watch:
Two goals in the final 10 minutes just added salt into the wound and they will look to find their rhythm once again when they go to Oxhey on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 7 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 8 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor