Hatfield take the points at Sandridge
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Sandridge Rovers 0 Hatfield Town 2 SANDRIDGE Rovers boss Bob Fowler was upbeat after his young side went down 2-0 to Premier Division title chasers Hatfield Town on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Sandridge Rovers 0 Hatfield Town 2
SANDRIDGE Rovers boss Bob Fowler was upbeat after his young side went down 2-0 to Premier Division title chasers Hatfield Town on Saturday.
Fowler called on a number of the bright young reserve squad for the clash and impressive midfielder Dean Adams returned to first-team action after breaking a metatarsal earlier in the campaign. Defender Jack Friend also continued his recent good run in the side and young trio Ali Kalla, Danny Johnson and Josh Galloway all came on as substitutes. Fowler said: "I am pleased. We held our own quite well. We had chances and they missed a penalty which was justice because it wasn't a penalty. We came out for the second half and they scored after a mistake but it is a learning curve. Every one of the youngsters looked good.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought we would start with Dean Adams and he lasted 90 minutes. Deano put in an absolutely superb performance, his passing was terrific and he was one of the best players on the park."
Rovers were without key man Robbie Heywood and also lost Chris Wickens who took a blow to the face as Hatfield took the win 2-0. Sandridge face another tough test when they go away to Buntingford Town on Saturday.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images