Hatfield take the points at Sandridge
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Sandridge Rovers 0 Hatfield Town 2 SANDRIDGE Rovers boss Bob Fowler was upbeat after his young side went down 2-0 to Premier Division title chasers Hatfield Town on Saturday.
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Sandridge Rovers 0 Hatfield Town 2
SANDRIDGE Rovers boss Bob Fowler was upbeat after his young side went down 2-0 to Premier Division title chasers Hatfield Town on Saturday.
Fowler called on a number of the bright young reserve squad for the clash and impressive midfielder Dean Adams returned to first-team action after breaking a metatarsal earlier in the campaign. Defender Jack Friend also continued his recent good run in the side and young trio Ali Kalla, Danny Johnson and Josh Galloway all came on as substitutes. Fowler said: "I am pleased. We held our own quite well. We had chances and they missed a penalty which was justice because it wasn't a penalty. We came out for the second half and they scored after a mistake but it is a learning curve. Every one of the youngsters looked good.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought we would start with Dean Adams and he lasted 90 minutes. Deano put in an absolutely superb performance, his passing was terrific and he was one of the best players on the park."
Rovers were without key man Robbie Heywood and also lost Chris Wickens who took a blow to the face as Hatfield took the win 2-0. Sandridge face another tough test when they go away to Buntingford Town on Saturday.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden