Hat-tricks aplenty at St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There were hat-tricks galore at St Albans Hockey Club this weekend as both the men’s 1sts and the ladies 2nds had two team members netting three in a high scoring day for the club.
The men have held their place at the top of the league after a 6-1 win against Havering thanks to trebles from David Williams and Ian Scanlon.
The ladies 2nds had an emphatic 7-0 victory against Tunbridge Wells after Lexi Hamilton (three), Fiona Nekeman (three) and Lottie Simpson scored for the Tangerines.
Jean-Paul Vincent also scored three for the men’s praetorians in a 6-0 win against Southgate David Burns and Steve Warr (two) were the other scorers.
The ladies 1sts secured a well fought point in a 1-1 draw against Sevenoaks after Natasha Humphris added to her goal scoring tally.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies 3rds also drew 1-1 against Welwyn Garden City after a goal from Helen Waddell.
Goals from Gemma Little (two) and Sarah Cullum gave the ladies 4ths a 3-1 victory against Luton.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
The men’s 3rds beat London Wayfarers 5-3 while the men’s 4ths had a 5-1 win against Bishop’s Stortford.
The men’s 5ths won 3-0 against Luton with goals from James Durham, Andrew Geake and Roland Waller, and the men’s 6ths team beat Cheshunt 5-0 after Sandi Chanda, Duncan Fraser (two), Robin Mobbs and Dan Reeves all netted. Nathan Murley’s goal for the 8th team helped them to a 1-0 win against Blueharts.