Hat-tricks aplenty at St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There were hat-tricks galore at St Albans Hockey Club this weekend as both the men’s 1sts and the ladies 2nds had two team members netting three in a high scoring day for the club.
The men have held their place at the top of the league after a 6-1 win against Havering thanks to trebles from David Williams and Ian Scanlon.
The ladies 2nds had an emphatic 7-0 victory against Tunbridge Wells after Lexi Hamilton (three), Fiona Nekeman (three) and Lottie Simpson scored for the Tangerines.
Jean-Paul Vincent also scored three for the men’s praetorians in a 6-0 win against Southgate David Burns and Steve Warr (two) were the other scorers.
The ladies 1sts secured a well fought point in a 1-1 draw against Sevenoaks after Natasha Humphris added to her goal scoring tally.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies 3rds also drew 1-1 against Welwyn Garden City after a goal from Helen Waddell.
Goals from Gemma Little (two) and Sarah Cullum gave the ladies 4ths a 3-1 victory against Luton.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
The men’s 3rds beat London Wayfarers 5-3 while the men’s 4ths had a 5-1 win against Bishop’s Stortford.
The men’s 5ths won 3-0 against Luton with goals from James Durham, Andrew Geake and Roland Waller, and the men’s 6ths team beat Cheshunt 5-0 after Sandi Chanda, Duncan Fraser (two), Robin Mobbs and Dan Reeves all netted. Nathan Murley’s goal for the 8th team helped them to a 1-0 win against Blueharts.