Hat-tricks aplenty at St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There were hat-tricks galore at St Albans Hockey Club this weekend as both the men’s 1sts and the ladies 2nds had two team members netting three in a high scoring day for the club.
The men have held their place at the top of the league after a 6-1 win against Havering thanks to trebles from David Williams and Ian Scanlon.
The ladies 2nds had an emphatic 7-0 victory against Tunbridge Wells after Lexi Hamilton (three), Fiona Nekeman (three) and Lottie Simpson scored for the Tangerines.
Jean-Paul Vincent also scored three for the men’s praetorians in a 6-0 win against Southgate David Burns and Steve Warr (two) were the other scorers.
The ladies 1sts secured a well fought point in a 1-1 draw against Sevenoaks after Natasha Humphris added to her goal scoring tally.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies 3rds also drew 1-1 against Welwyn Garden City after a goal from Helen Waddell.
Goals from Gemma Little (two) and Sarah Cullum gave the ladies 4ths a 3-1 victory against Luton.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The men’s 3rds beat London Wayfarers 5-3 while the men’s 4ths had a 5-1 win against Bishop’s Stortford.
The men’s 5ths won 3-0 against Luton with goals from James Durham, Andrew Geake and Roland Waller, and the men’s 6ths team beat Cheshunt 5-0 after Sandi Chanda, Duncan Fraser (two), Robin Mobbs and Dan Reeves all netted. Nathan Murley’s goal for the 8th team helped them to a 1-0 win against Blueharts.