Hat-trick of world titles for St Albans club
TAE KWON DO: ST ALBANS Tae Kwon Do scooped three world titles at the recent Puma World Tae Kwon Do Championships in Swindon.
Chris Snow, 6th Degree Black Belt and senior coach of the club since 1994, travelled with the five members of the club that is based at Francis Bacon School, along with assistant coach Stuart Smith, 4th Degree, and Darren Doran, team coach.
The team scooped three World titles, one silver medal and three bronze medals.
The students - G. Milner, A. Smith, L. Snow, D. Britten and J. Doran - all entered the U18s sparring and patterns sections and proved that the club and satellite clubs connected to it are producing quality across the board.
St Albans Tae Kwon Do is self sufficient and a community based project.
You may also want to watch:
For more details visit the club’s website www.uk-ltsi.com or contact the coach on 07960 476124.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre