Hat-trick of wins in Finchley for St Albans Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Boxing Club has had a weekend of success.
On Friday at the Finchley Boxing Show, the club had three winners from three entries.
John McCartney and Luke Davies secured unanimous points decision victories, with McCartney named best away boxer of the night.
One of the club’s star heavyweights Anees Taj stopped his opponent in the first round to become the National Challenge belt holder.
Then on Saturday, St Albans had two fighters, Christian Bozzia and Bilal Khan, in action at the National Schoolboys Finals.
These achievements prove that the fantastic training by the club’s dedicated coaches and the structure behind the scenes are bringing just rewards.
The club continues to strive for excellence and is reliant on sponsorships and donations.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 6 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 7 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 8 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 9 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 10 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The next St Albans Boxing Club open show will be at Spencer Sports Hall, Sandridge on Friday, May 5.