Hat-trick of wins in Finchley for St Albans Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Boxing Club has had a weekend of success.
On Friday at the Finchley Boxing Show, the club had three winners from three entries.
John McCartney and Luke Davies secured unanimous points decision victories, with McCartney named best away boxer of the night.
One of the club’s star heavyweights Anees Taj stopped his opponent in the first round to become the National Challenge belt holder.
Then on Saturday, St Albans had two fighters, Christian Bozzia and Bilal Khan, in action at the National Schoolboys Finals.
You may also want to watch:
These achievements prove that the fantastic training by the club’s dedicated coaches and the structure behind the scenes are bringing just rewards.
The club continues to strive for excellence and is reliant on sponsorships and donations.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
The next St Albans Boxing Club open show will be at Spencer Sports Hall, Sandridge on Friday, May 5.