Hat-trick of wins in Finchley for St Albans Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Boxing Club has had a weekend of success.
On Friday at the Finchley Boxing Show, the club had three winners from three entries.
John McCartney and Luke Davies secured unanimous points decision victories, with McCartney named best away boxer of the night.
One of the club’s star heavyweights Anees Taj stopped his opponent in the first round to become the National Challenge belt holder.
Then on Saturday, St Albans had two fighters, Christian Bozzia and Bilal Khan, in action at the National Schoolboys Finals.
You may also want to watch:
These achievements prove that the fantastic training by the club’s dedicated coaches and the structure behind the scenes are bringing just rewards.
The club continues to strive for excellence and is reliant on sponsorships and donations.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
The next St Albans Boxing Club open show will be at Spencer Sports Hall, Sandridge on Friday, May 5.