Harvesters wrap up big win
Ladies put eight past Cranfield
Cranfield United Ladies 0
Harvesters Ladies 8
HARVESTERS Ladies started 2012 with a stunning win over Cranfield United Ladies and extend their lead at the top of the table.
It wasn’t long before Harvesters settled into the match when Bedi struck home just 10 minutes in. It was the start they all wanted and it set them up nicely for the afternoon.
It was a while before the second goal, but Croucher netted in the 27th minute and Harvesters then went from strength to strength as Bedi added her second goal in the 31st minute.
Humberstone netted five minutes before half-time to give Harvesters a comfortable lead at the interval.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
There was no let up from Harvesters in the second half as Humberstone struck her second of the match within 60 seconds of the resumption.
With goals coming thick and fast, Croucher increased the lead with a 52nd minute strike, her second goal of the contest.
In the 69th minute, Lawrence netted her first goal of the match before Harvesters wrapped up the victory with Humberstone getting her hat-trick two minutes from time with a stunning finish.
Harvesters Ladies: Russell, Potts, Low, Chandler, Croucher, Matthews, Rampley, Lawrence, Hessey, Thurlow, Humberstone, Williamson, Bedi, Cavaree, Kelly.