Harvesters U12 North crowned champions by ex-England player Danny Murphy
- Credit: Archant
Harvesters U12 North returned home from the ESF Festival of Football at Butlins in Bognor Regis as champions.
After a fun-filled weekend away on tour, the team topped the U12 table, with the players being presented with their trophy award by former Fulham and England star Danny Murphy.
By winning the tournament, Harvesters automatically qualify for the ESF Finale, which takes place later this year at the University of Warwick Football Centre.
With over 1,100 boys and girls teams participating every year, the ESF Festival of Football is the biggest youth football festival in the UK. Murphy, who presented the team with their awards on the night, said: “To be crowned ESF Champions is a fantastic achievement. The team should be really proud of themselves. Well done to everyone involved with Harvesters U12 North.”
Manager Gary Mcshane added: “We’ve had a fantastic time away on tour at the ESF Festival of Football at Butlins, it’s been a great experience for us all and one which I’m sure the lads will remember for years to come. We had a great time across the whole weekend and put in some tremendous performances on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“For the team to meet Danny Murphy topped off a fantastic weekend. The boys are all set for Warwick in July and the ESF Finale.”
Full details of ESF can be found at www.footballfestivals.co.uk and you can view all Harvesters U12 North results from the festival at www.esfscorecentre.co.uk
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed