Harvesters U12 North crowned champions by ex-England player Danny Murphy
- Credit: Archant
Harvesters U12 North returned home from the ESF Festival of Football at Butlins in Bognor Regis as champions.
After a fun-filled weekend away on tour, the team topped the U12 table, with the players being presented with their trophy award by former Fulham and England star Danny Murphy.
By winning the tournament, Harvesters automatically qualify for the ESF Finale, which takes place later this year at the University of Warwick Football Centre.
With over 1,100 boys and girls teams participating every year, the ESF Festival of Football is the biggest youth football festival in the UK. Murphy, who presented the team with their awards on the night, said: “To be crowned ESF Champions is a fantastic achievement. The team should be really proud of themselves. Well done to everyone involved with Harvesters U12 North.”
Manager Gary Mcshane added: “We’ve had a fantastic time away on tour at the ESF Festival of Football at Butlins, it’s been a great experience for us all and one which I’m sure the lads will remember for years to come. We had a great time across the whole weekend and put in some tremendous performances on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“For the team to meet Danny Murphy topped off a fantastic weekend. The boys are all set for Warwick in July and the ESF Finale.”
Full details of ESF can be found at www.footballfestivals.co.uk and you can view all Harvesters U12 North results from the festival at www.esfscorecentre.co.uk
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash