Harvesters round up
U12 NORTH overcame second placed AEK Black Eagles 4-0 in their penultimate midweek game thanks to goals from Louie Roberts, William Brothwood, Freddie Wilkinson and George O’Connor.
They followed up with a convincing 8-2 win over Pinnacle in the final league game of the season to give the team a fourth consecutive Watford Friendly League Red Division title. The goals were scored by Amir Berchil (four), Sam Denholm, Dominic Knaggs, Finbar King and Louie Roberts.
Next season the team will move up to 11-a-side and are looking to add more players to the squad. If you would like to join the most successful side in the area at this age group over the past four seasons please e-mail Graham Roberts at email@example.com or call 07919 550054 for details of upcoming trials.
U15 North drew 3-3 against St Albans City North thanks to goals from Conor Sweeney, Michael Lester and Lumi Sopa and a MOM performance from Dan White.
They rounded off the season with a comprehensive 7-0 win over Aldenham thanks to a hat-trick from Myles Shahidi and further goals from Nathan Dimmock (two) Dan White and Eoin Larmer.
You may also want to watch:
In a nail-biting finale to the season U15 South finished joint champions of the Watford Friendly League Yellow Division despite losing 3-1 to Muswell Hill. Gabriel Connolly scored the goal.
U13 South went down 5-1 to Abbots Youth in their final game of the season, with Oliver Russell on the scoresheet.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Goals from Max Hodgeson (two), Edward Cleaver, Shaun Powell and Lucas King, plus a MOM performance from James Townsend, helped U11 North to a 5-1 victory over AC Finchley.
They then drew the final game 1-1 with Whetstone Pumas thanks to a strike from Chris Rowe. Thomas Dean was MOM.
U11 South ended their season with a 6-3 win over Everett Rivers. Goals from Shai Coombs (two), Charlie Habbick, Lewis Murray, Raqueeb Alam and Nathan Thornton capped a fine team performance with Luke Findlay awarded MOM.
U9 East went down 2-1 to Hadley Rangers in their last game of the season with their goal coming from Joe-Joe Colman.