Harvesters launch DS Active team
FOOTBALL: HARVESTERS FC recently launched its DS Active football scheme for young people with Down’s Syndrome, joining 11 Professional clubs around the Country in a scheme organised by the Downs Syndrome Association (DSA).
Nineteen young people, from as young as six years old, and their families attended the fun-filled event and had a great opportunity to test out their football skills and make new friends.
The Down’s Syndrome Active programme aims to develop social skills, confidence and physical ability whilst learning football skills and having fun.
It is open to anyone with Down’s syndrome between the ages of five and 25 years.
Harvesters’ two new teams will be attending the DSA festival on Sunday, March 20, funded by the Premier League. The festival also coincides with World Down’s Syndrome Day on March 21 and Down’s syndrome Awareness Week
You may also want to watch:
Training sessions for the Harvesters DS Active teams will run every Sunday at the Oakland’s Lane Ground, Oakland’s Lane, Smallford, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0HR, from 1pm –2pm.
The new DS Active teams are seeking sponsorship from local businesses in return for shirt advertising for this high profile scheme.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Those interested in attending or for further information about sponsorship please contact Steve Fletcher (DS Active Manager, Harvesters FC) on 07973 263911 or firstname.lastname@example.org