Harvesters launch DS Active team
FOOTBALL: HARVESTERS FC recently launched its DS Active football scheme for young people with Down’s Syndrome, joining 11 Professional clubs around the Country in a scheme organised by the Downs Syndrome Association (DSA).
Nineteen young people, from as young as six years old, and their families attended the fun-filled event and had a great opportunity to test out their football skills and make new friends.
The Down’s Syndrome Active programme aims to develop social skills, confidence and physical ability whilst learning football skills and having fun.
It is open to anyone with Down’s syndrome between the ages of five and 25 years.
Harvesters’ two new teams will be attending the DSA festival on Sunday, March 20, funded by the Premier League. The festival also coincides with World Down’s Syndrome Day on March 21 and Down’s syndrome Awareness Week
You may also want to watch:
Training sessions for the Harvesters DS Active teams will run every Sunday at the Oakland’s Lane Ground, Oakland’s Lane, Smallford, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0HR, from 1pm –2pm.
The new DS Active teams are seeking sponsorship from local businesses in return for shirt advertising for this high profile scheme.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
Those interested in attending or for further information about sponsorship please contact Steve Fletcher (DS Active Manager, Harvesters FC) on 07973 263911 or firstname.lastname@example.org