Harvesters launch DS Active team
FOOTBALL: HARVESTERS FC recently launched its DS Active football scheme for young people with Down’s Syndrome, joining 11 Professional clubs around the Country in a scheme organised by the Downs Syndrome Association (DSA).
Nineteen young people, from as young as six years old, and their families attended the fun-filled event and had a great opportunity to test out their football skills and make new friends.
The Down’s Syndrome Active programme aims to develop social skills, confidence and physical ability whilst learning football skills and having fun.
It is open to anyone with Down’s syndrome between the ages of five and 25 years.
Harvesters’ two new teams will be attending the DSA festival on Sunday, March 20, funded by the Premier League. The festival also coincides with World Down’s Syndrome Day on March 21 and Down’s syndrome Awareness Week
Training sessions for the Harvesters DS Active teams will run every Sunday at the Oakland’s Lane Ground, Oakland’s Lane, Smallford, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0HR, from 1pm –2pm.
The new DS Active teams are seeking sponsorship from local businesses in return for shirt advertising for this high profile scheme.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
Those interested in attending or for further information about sponsorship please contact Steve Fletcher (DS Active Manager, Harvesters FC) on 07973 263911 or email@example.com