Harvesters launch DS Active team
FOOTBALL: HARVESTERS FC recently launched its DS Active football scheme for young people with Down’s Syndrome, joining 11 Professional clubs around the Country in a scheme organised by the Downs Syndrome Association (DSA).
Nineteen young people, from as young as six years old, and their families attended the fun-filled event and had a great opportunity to test out their football skills and make new friends.
The Down’s Syndrome Active programme aims to develop social skills, confidence and physical ability whilst learning football skills and having fun.
It is open to anyone with Down’s syndrome between the ages of five and 25 years.
Harvesters’ two new teams will be attending the DSA festival on Sunday, March 20, funded by the Premier League. The festival also coincides with World Down’s Syndrome Day on March 21 and Down’s syndrome Awareness Week
Training sessions for the Harvesters DS Active teams will run every Sunday at the Oakland’s Lane Ground, Oakland’s Lane, Smallford, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL4 0HR, from 1pm –2pm.
The new DS Active teams are seeking sponsorship from local businesses in return for shirt advertising for this high profile scheme.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
Those interested in attending or for further information about sponsorship please contact Steve Fletcher (DS Active Manager, Harvesters FC) on 07973 263911 or email@example.com