Harvesters girls enjoying their football and among the goals
- Credit: PETER BYRNE/PA
Some of the latest games at Harvesters Football Club saw plenty of goals for the girls.
The U12s came from behind twice with goals from Sophie Harris, Abigail Kirby and Jasmine Rance to secure a 3-2 victory away to Broxbourne Pinks.
The U13s also scored three away to Chorleywood in the first of a double header, but ended up losing 4-3, Evie Mardel-Woods getting two and Abi Rose one.
The second game ended in a 1-0 loss.
The U15s meanwhile won 5-3 at Bedwell Rangers Comets. Charlotte Nelson and Meeka Nightingale both scored twice with Mabel Trick getting the other.
The U16s picked up a fine 3-0 win against Ruislip Rangers in their first home game since lockdown.
They took the lead on four minutes, Mia Pullen heading home a Rheilly Evans corner, and a minute later it was two, Eliza Telford dribbling through before setting up Katie Leigh.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
She got her second on 20 minutes to make it 3-0 and although there were no more goals, Harvesters were indebted to keeper Gracie Ross and a double goal-line clearance from Yasmin Howgego for preserving the clean sheet.