Harvesters girls end year with two unbeaten matches
- Credit: Harvesters FC
Harvesters girls managed to get some football prior to Christmas and the tier four restrictions for grassroots football.
The weather too had threatened to bring an early break but both the U13s and U15s managed to play.
The U13s welcomed league leaders Harpenden Tigers to Oaklands Lane and despite being a player short due to some players having to self isolate, they battled their way to a 2-2 draw.
Smart saves from keeper Rosie Nelson kept the game tight and two goals from in-form striker Evie Mardel-Woods meant the points were shared in a very entertaining match.
The U15s meanwhile got back to winning ways with a 5-1 home win against Herts Girls,.
Their goals came courtesy of Florence Slade, Charlotte Nelson, Maisie Filler, Cora Baylis and Nancy Cannatella and the game saw a strong performance from goalkeeper Ella Heath, playing against her old team, and wonderfully energetic displays from Sai Fisher and Meeka Nightingale.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre