Harvesters extend Smallford clubhouse
Harvesters FC has extended its clubhouse to include new toilet facilities that allow access for disabled visitors to the Smallford ground.
The St Albans club has spent £30,000 on improving facilities at the ground, including the extension, which also features new catering facilities that allow the club to improve the range of hot drinks and food they offer.
The club, which celebrated its 27th anniversary this year, also received a grant of £7,000 from Sandridge Parish Council for the disabled toilet, and councillor John Hale received a tour of the new extension at the weekend from Harvesters chairwoman Michelle Chandler.
Talking about the new extension, Chandler said: “With the help of Sandridge Parish Council, we are really pleased that we have been able to extend our clubhouse building to include toilet facilities that offer access to disabled visitors, as well as the new catering facilities.
“As a community club, we want to ensure we have a welcoming environment for all of the visitors to our club.”
You may also want to watch:
Hales added: “Sandridge Parish Council are more than happy to help as Harvesters is doing a fantastic job providing football coaching to young people in St Albans.
“I am delighted the parish council was able to support the club’s extension. The volunteers who run the club throughout the year deserve a big thank you.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street