Harry receives golf masterclass from Ryder Cup star
A YOUNG golfer from St Albans received a golf master class from Ryder Cup hero Lee Westwood. Harry Bigham, aged nine, received the master class at the final of the Lee Westwood Golf Academy at Lindrick Golf Club, Worksop, after he was chosen to take part
A YOUNG golfer from St Albans received a golf master class from Ryder Cup hero Lee Westwood.
Harry Bigham, aged nine, received the master class at the final of the Lee Westwood Golf Academy at Lindrick Golf Club, Worksop, after he was chosen to take part after beating off stiff competition from fellow golfers at an academy session in Stevenage back in July.
After a number of driving, pitching and putting challenges, Harry displayed a great deal of talent and was chosen by the academy staff to play 18 holes under the guidance of Lee on the prestigious Lindrick course.
The Lee Westwood Golf Academy enables youngsters of all abilities to become familiar with golf and develop at their own pace in the professional surroundings of their local top flight golf course. There were nine academies during the summer holidays, based all around the country.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Westwood said: "It's been a busy summer for me, and the academy and finals day at Lindrick have been a particular highlight. It was great to play 18 holes with the finalists, who were all exceptionally good. I was impressed by every finalist and hopefully the day helped to improve all of them! It's really encouraging to see that the next generation of golfers has the Academy to help them develop, and I'm delighted to be able to contribute."
For more information on the Lee Westwood Golf Academy in partnership with The Co-operative please contact Activate Sport on 0800 345 7480 or visit http://www.leewestwoodgolfacademy.co.uk/
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping