Harry Lewis pleased youngsters get their chance at Colney Heath
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Harry Lewis says the fact that Colney Heath are not nervous about blooding young players is a huge positive for the club – and one he is delighted to have received.
The defender has broken into the first-team picture over the last season or two and is hoping he can now maintain that position.
He said: "You don't get that with many teams in our league where youngsters are given a real try in the first team.
"But you can see it throughout the club, from our U18s to the reserves as well, we've got youth coming through all the way and that's really positive.
"We try to give youngsters as many opportunities as possible and they've all got the ability to play.
You may also want to watch:
"Luckily I was one of them a couple of seasons ago and I've just stuck with it and hopefully cemented my place."
And with the kids leading the charge, he is hopeful of a good season.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll
"We've brought in some new players, some we've seen play before and we know that they've got serious quality," he said.
"We've got such a strong team this season and everybody is fighting for their place which is making everybody work that extra bit harder.
"That's great to see though because it means we are going to go even further forward in the league."