Harps shot down
HCPL Division Two East Harpenden 115-10 (42.5) Langleybury 117-2 (22.5) HARPENDEN were beaten by eight wickets at Langleybury in the HCPL Division Two East on Saturday. Langleybury won the toss and took advantage of the tough conditions for batting
HCPL Division Two East
Harpenden 115-10 (42.5) Langleybury 117-2 (22.5)
HARPENDEN were beaten by eight wickets at Langleybury in the HCPL Division Two East on Saturday.
Langleybury won the toss and took advantage of the tough conditions for batting by putting Harpenden in first.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Will Jones and number three Mike Howard were promptly dismissed, leaving Harpenden 8-2. Adam Winchester batted on through the loss of overseas star Sulaman Qadir (7) with Harps on 20-3. Winchester (33) managed to lift the score to 69 before he was out but Tom Stewart (23) quickly followed. Will Bates (20) and Chris Bennett-Baggs provided some resistance but Harpenden were dismissed for just 115.
In reply, Mark Mason took his customary early wicket to reduce Langleybury to 12-1 and Ben Mahoney removed a second victim but the home side eased to victory on 117-2 off 22.5 overs.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Harpenden II recorded a convincing home win against Eversholt in Division Three of the Saracens Herts League on Saturday.
Eversholt won the toss and inserted Harpenden for whom Mick Brookes hit 69 off 90 balls. Mark Fettes contributed 35 and Graeme Sprowson hit 27 as Harpenden declared on 200-9 off 51.5 overs.
In reply, Eversholt were blasted out for just 137. Andy Litchfield hit 68, Chris Roe picked up 3-26 off 11 overs and John Kerley took 3-22 off 12 overs with Simon Murray taking two wickets.
l In Division Four, Harpenden III played Watton-at-Stone at Woollams and were asked to bat first.
Harpenden posted 164-7 off their 53 overs but in reply, Watton took the win on 165-8 off 46.5 overs. James Absalom claimed 5-33 off 11 overs for Harpenden.