Harps shot down
HCPL Division Two East Harpenden 115-10 (42.5) Langleybury 117-2 (22.5) HARPENDEN were beaten by eight wickets at Langleybury in the HCPL Division Two East on Saturday. Langleybury won the toss and took advantage of the tough conditions for batting
HCPL Division Two East
Harpenden 115-10 (42.5) Langleybury 117-2 (22.5)
HARPENDEN were beaten by eight wickets at Langleybury in the HCPL Division Two East on Saturday.
Langleybury won the toss and took advantage of the tough conditions for batting by putting Harpenden in first.
Opener Will Jones and number three Mike Howard were promptly dismissed, leaving Harpenden 8-2. Adam Winchester batted on through the loss of overseas star Sulaman Qadir (7) with Harps on 20-3. Winchester (33) managed to lift the score to 69 before he was out but Tom Stewart (23) quickly followed. Will Bates (20) and Chris Bennett-Baggs provided some resistance but Harpenden were dismissed for just 115.
In reply, Mark Mason took his customary early wicket to reduce Langleybury to 12-1 and Ben Mahoney removed a second victim but the home side eased to victory on 117-2 off 22.5 overs.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
Harpenden II recorded a convincing home win against Eversholt in Division Three of the Saracens Herts League on Saturday.
Eversholt won the toss and inserted Harpenden for whom Mick Brookes hit 69 off 90 balls. Mark Fettes contributed 35 and Graeme Sprowson hit 27 as Harpenden declared on 200-9 off 51.5 overs.
In reply, Eversholt were blasted out for just 137. Andy Litchfield hit 68, Chris Roe picked up 3-26 off 11 overs and John Kerley took 3-22 off 12 overs with Simon Murray taking two wickets.
l In Division Four, Harpenden III played Watton-at-Stone at Woollams and were asked to bat first.
Harpenden posted 164-7 off their 53 overs but in reply, Watton took the win on 165-8 off 46.5 overs. James Absalom claimed 5-33 off 11 overs for Harpenden.