Harpenden wrap up one-two
SWIMMING: SWIMMERS from Harpenden competed on Sunday at the CoStA Aquathlon with some very good results.
SWIMMING: SWIMMERS from Harpenden competed on Sunday at the CoStA Aquathlon with some very good results. In the youngest age group (TriStart) it was a one-two for the club with a very close finish between Eddie Campfield and Guy Muncer, Eddie crossed the line to win in a time of eight minutes one second and was followed in by Guy a mere two seconds behind him. Whilst Guy put in a stronger swim – 10 seconds faster than Eddie, Eddie took the win with a stronger run finishing the course 12 seconds faster than Guy.
In the next age group up, Ralph Muncer was the first boy home from the club finishing in fifth place in a time of 12:43 followed by Euan Howell in eighth and Callum Buckley in 11th. For the girls, Ellie Galvin finished 6th in 13:59 with Alice Berry 20th.
In the Tri 2 category Sophia Blackburn led the way for the club finishing in a time of 15:26 to take eighth place followed in by Alice Dyson 14th, Laura-Jane Buckley 20th and Eleanor McArdle 21st.
In Tri3, Hannah Berry finished in 7th place in a time of 22.04 and was the clubs only representative in that age group.
You may also want to watch:
In the Youth category, James Harper finished 1st in a time of 18:30 to take the trophy and set the fastest time for the course, whilst in the Girls, Izzy Thompson who recently qualified for the GB Biathle Team for the World Championships in Dubai on 30th October, led the way finishing in first place in a time of 19:35 and was the fastest girl overall over the course (400m swim/2.8k run). Izzy was followed home by Katie Harper in fourth place in a time of 23:09.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area