Harpenden U18s add champion’s scalp to growing haul
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden RFC U18s added a champion’s scalp to their haul as they beat St Peters, the league and cup winners and current holders of the U19 South Wales Youth Cup.
The game kicked off at a furious pace but the younger Harpenden team, playing into a strong wind, was more than a physical match for their opponents.
Coach Will Hutchins was pleased that his team was only one converted try down at the break and the deficit was soon reduced when Chris Reynolds sprinted in to score the try that Harry Hutchins converted.
With eight academy players on show, Harpenden started to show their class. From his own goal line, No.8 Frazer Pegler distributed to Harry Hutchins who offloaded to wing Josh Smith. He expertly handed off a tackler and passed inside to Chris Cullen to score under the posts.
A strong run by Ralph Adams-Hale started the next scoring move as he fed scrum half Locky Gilmore who found Pegler. Hutchins converted.
You may also want to watch:
The pacy Smith scored another near the end of the game and St Peters replied shortly afterwards but Harpenden proved to be worthy winners.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans