Harpenden U18s add champion’s scalp to growing haul
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden RFC U18s added a champion’s scalp to their haul as they beat St Peters, the league and cup winners and current holders of the U19 South Wales Youth Cup.
The game kicked off at a furious pace but the younger Harpenden team, playing into a strong wind, was more than a physical match for their opponents.
Coach Will Hutchins was pleased that his team was only one converted try down at the break and the deficit was soon reduced when Chris Reynolds sprinted in to score the try that Harry Hutchins converted.
With eight academy players on show, Harpenden started to show their class. From his own goal line, No.8 Frazer Pegler distributed to Harry Hutchins who offloaded to wing Josh Smith. He expertly handed off a tackler and passed inside to Chris Cullen to score under the posts.
A strong run by Ralph Adams-Hale started the next scoring move as he fed scrum half Locky Gilmore who found Pegler. Hutchins converted.
You may also want to watch:
The pacy Smith scored another near the end of the game and St Peters replied shortly afterwards but Harpenden proved to be worthy winners.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre