Harpenden U15 women just one step from a national semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club’s ladies section has had an incredible start to their existence – and now the U15s are joining in the fun with a shot at a historic achievement.
The squad have reached the final of the Women’s South of England Championships.
They will travel to Maidenhead on Sunday to play Hampshire’s Ellingham & Ringwood with the winners reaching the national semi-finals, and putting themselves one step away from an unprecedented appearance in a national final.
To get to this stage the Harpenden girls had to overcome Winchester and Havant, followed by Hertfordshire rivals Hitchin, who they beat 48-10.
That saw them take on and beat a strong Buckingham outfit 34-17 at Redbourn Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Kick-off at Maidenhead’s Braywick Road ground is at 1pm.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans