Harpenden U15 women just one step from a national semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club’s ladies section has had an incredible start to their existence – and now the U15s are joining in the fun with a shot at a historic achievement.
The squad have reached the final of the Women’s South of England Championships.
They will travel to Maidenhead on Sunday to play Hampshire’s Ellingham & Ringwood with the winners reaching the national semi-finals, and putting themselves one step away from an unprecedented appearance in a national final.
To get to this stage the Harpenden girls had to overcome Winchester and Havant, followed by Hertfordshire rivals Hitchin, who they beat 48-10.
That saw them take on and beat a strong Buckingham outfit 34-17 at Redbourn Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Kick-off at Maidenhead’s Braywick Road ground is at 1pm.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden