Harpenden U11s crowned county champions
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden CC U11s were crowned Herts County Champions after a dramatic five run win over Old Albanians.
In a rematch of last year’s county final, OAs won the toss and elected to field first.
Harpenden were restricted to 42-5 off 11 overs thanks to some miserly spells of bowling and some very tight fielding.
However, George Thomas and Henry O’Connor both batted with confidence to move the Harpenden innings to 98-5 at the end of 20 overs.
OAs’ response was electric. The opening pair responded at pace and were 33 at the fall of the first wicket after five overs.
You may also want to watch:
The wickets then started to fall and some great bowling from Harpenden slowed the run rate. Joe Seymour’s four-over spell saw him take two wickets for five runs.
There were still wickets in hand and the run rate was still very much achievable but four catches put Harpenden on the front foot.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Needing seven off the last six balls to win, Alec Nicholls took the ball for Harpenden. Three wickets fell in a dramatic last over, two caught and one clean bowled, to wrap up OAs’ innings five short of Harpenden’s total.