Harpenden trio Ford, Itoje and Farrell to face Wales in 6 Nations
- Credit: PA
Three former Harpenden St George’s pupils have been named in Eddie Jones’ starting XV for England’s RBS 6 Nations game against Wales at Principality Stadium on Saturday.
George Ford, Maro Itoje and Owen Farrell have kept their places following the 19-16 success over France last weekend.
Ahead of the clash, Jones said: “It’s been a great week of focused preparation and we can’t wait to play Wales.
“Playing Wales in Cardiff is one of the biggest games in world rugby and we’re excited.
“These are the games you want to be part of as a player and a coach.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a game that is going to be decided on the basics of the game.
“You do the fundamentals of the game well and you win the game of rugby.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“We have a young team eager to play well at the great Principality Stadium.”