Harpenden trio Ford, Itoje and Farrell to face Wales in 6 Nations
- Credit: PA
Three former Harpenden St George’s pupils have been named in Eddie Jones’ starting XV for England’s RBS 6 Nations game against Wales at Principality Stadium on Saturday.
George Ford, Maro Itoje and Owen Farrell have kept their places following the 19-16 success over France last weekend.
Ahead of the clash, Jones said: “It’s been a great week of focused preparation and we can’t wait to play Wales.
“Playing Wales in Cardiff is one of the biggest games in world rugby and we’re excited.
“These are the games you want to be part of as a player and a coach.
“It’s a game that is going to be decided on the basics of the game.
“You do the fundamentals of the game well and you win the game of rugby.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 8 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 9 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 10 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
“We have a young team eager to play well at the great Principality Stadium.”