Harpenden trio Ford, Itoje and Farrell to face Wales in 6 Nations
- Credit: PA
Three former Harpenden St George’s pupils have been named in Eddie Jones’ starting XV for England’s RBS 6 Nations game against Wales at Principality Stadium on Saturday.
George Ford, Maro Itoje and Owen Farrell have kept their places following the 19-16 success over France last weekend.
Ahead of the clash, Jones said: “It’s been a great week of focused preparation and we can’t wait to play Wales.
“Playing Wales in Cardiff is one of the biggest games in world rugby and we’re excited.
“These are the games you want to be part of as a player and a coach.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a game that is going to be decided on the basics of the game.
“You do the fundamentals of the game well and you win the game of rugby.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
“We have a young team eager to play well at the great Principality Stadium.”