Harpenden Town start arduous run with Buckingham victory
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town got their run of five games in 11 days off to the perfect start with a 2-0 success at home to Buckingham Athletic on Saturday.
They are due to face Wodson Park tonight before hosting Southall on Thursday.
Saturday sees them travel to Winslow United before yet another home game against Brimsdown next week.
The win puts Harpenden in eighth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One with 17 games still to play because of the bad weather.
Charlie Gould got Town’s first with Nathan Jarrett coming off the bench to grab the second.
You may also want to watch:
A penalty save by keeper Jake McLean ensured a clean sheet and three points.
After the match manager Danny Plumb said: “That was a good victory and I would like to congratulate Nathan Jarrett with his cracking goal on his debut for the first team.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
“We now have four games in eight days so if we can provide consistent performances we should have a strong finish to the season.”