Harpenden Town start arduous run with Buckingham victory
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town got their run of five games in 11 days off to the perfect start with a 2-0 success at home to Buckingham Athletic on Saturday.
They are due to face Wodson Park tonight before hosting Southall on Thursday.
Saturday sees them travel to Winslow United before yet another home game against Brimsdown next week.
The win puts Harpenden in eighth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One with 17 games still to play because of the bad weather.
Charlie Gould got Town’s first with Nathan Jarrett coming off the bench to grab the second.
You may also want to watch:
A penalty save by keeper Jake McLean ensured a clean sheet and three points.
After the match manager Danny Plumb said: “That was a good victory and I would like to congratulate Nathan Jarrett with his cracking goal on his debut for the first team.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
“We now have four games in eight days so if we can provide consistent performances we should have a strong finish to the season.”