Harpenden Town start arduous run with Buckingham victory
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town got their run of five games in 11 days off to the perfect start with a 2-0 success at home to Buckingham Athletic on Saturday.
They are due to face Wodson Park tonight before hosting Southall on Thursday.
Saturday sees them travel to Winslow United before yet another home game against Brimsdown next week.
The win puts Harpenden in eighth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One with 17 games still to play because of the bad weather.
Charlie Gould got Town’s first with Nathan Jarrett coming off the bench to grab the second.
A penalty save by keeper Jake McLean ensured a clean sheet and three points.
After the match manager Danny Plumb said: “That was a good victory and I would like to congratulate Nathan Jarrett with his cracking goal on his debut for the first team.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
“We now have four games in eight days so if we can provide consistent performances we should have a strong finish to the season.”