Harpenden Town start arduous run with Buckingham victory
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town got their run of five games in 11 days off to the perfect start with a 2-0 success at home to Buckingham Athletic on Saturday.
They are due to face Wodson Park tonight before hosting Southall on Thursday.
Saturday sees them travel to Winslow United before yet another home game against Brimsdown next week.
The win puts Harpenden in eighth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One with 17 games still to play because of the bad weather.
Charlie Gould got Town’s first with Nathan Jarrett coming off the bench to grab the second.
A penalty save by keeper Jake McLean ensured a clean sheet and three points.
After the match manager Danny Plumb said: “That was a good victory and I would like to congratulate Nathan Jarrett with his cracking goal on his debut for the first team.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
“We now have four games in eight days so if we can provide consistent performances we should have a strong finish to the season.”