Harpenden Town set for cup opener against Hoddesdon
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town burst back into action next week, opening their season against SSML Premier Division side Hoddesdon Town in the Herts FA Charity Shield.
It’s a mark of the club’s progress that it has been invited to play in both the Charity Cup against premier division sides as well as the FA Vase.
The clash with Hoddesdon kicks off at 7.45pm on Tuesday, August 4 in Rothamsted Park.
It will be the first chance for fans to see the new clubhouse which has had a £100,000 facelift while the new Kicks Cafe is expected to open to the public this weekend when Harpenden have a pre-season friendly against Sandridge Rovers.
Captain Jack Cartwright said: “There is a great atmosphere amongst the players and a huge buzz because we have a new clubhouse and young players coming through. We have our sights set on promotion this season and we now have the facilities to match our ambitions.”
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden finished sixth in the Spartan South Midlands League Division One last season.
The club’s first Saturday home game is not until August 15 against New Bradwell St Peter but Chairman Roman Motychak urged supporters to put the date in their diaries.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
“Please come along with your kids to cheer on your local team and check out the new clubhouse and cafe,” he said.