Harpenden Town secure long-term future at Rothampsted Park
Harpenden Town Football Club has agreed a new 15-year lease on its ground, securing the team’s future until 2030.
With the long lease, granted by St Albans and District Council, in their back pocket, the club can now push forward a much needed £100,000 refurbishment of the Rothamstead Park club house.
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said:”The new lease is a brilliant present for us and now we have long term security we can plan for the future.
“We want to install new changing rooms to bring the facilities up to league standard and also modernise the public areas so that fans will be happy to mix with players for a drink after the match.”
An application has already been submitted to the Football Foundation, for a big chunk of the Stadium Improvement Fund and work could start as early as this spring.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden have had a great start to the season, topping SSML Division One league at one stage and currently stand in sixth place.
Motyczak added: “The club is enjoying a resurgence both on and off the pitch. I would appeal to Harpenden people to join in the success because we urgently need skilled volunteers to help manage our facilities.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
Volunteers can contact him on 07971 026749.
The club’s next home match is on Saturday, January 3 against Bedford, who are third in the league, at Rothamsted Park.