Harpenden Town secure long-term future at Rothampsted Park
Harpenden Town Football Club has agreed a new 15-year lease on its ground, securing the team’s future until 2030.
With the long lease, granted by St Albans and District Council, in their back pocket, the club can now push forward a much needed £100,000 refurbishment of the Rothamstead Park club house.
Club chairman Roman Motyczak said:”The new lease is a brilliant present for us and now we have long term security we can plan for the future.
“We want to install new changing rooms to bring the facilities up to league standard and also modernise the public areas so that fans will be happy to mix with players for a drink after the match.”
An application has already been submitted to the Football Foundation, for a big chunk of the Stadium Improvement Fund and work could start as early as this spring.
Harpenden have had a great start to the season, topping SSML Division One league at one stage and currently stand in sixth place.
Motyczak added: “The club is enjoying a resurgence both on and off the pitch. I would appeal to Harpenden people to join in the success because we urgently need skilled volunteers to help manage our facilities.”
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
Volunteers can contact him on 07971 026749.
The club’s next home match is on Saturday, January 3 against Bedford, who are third in the league, at Rothamsted Park.