Harpenden Town ready to kick-start pre-season preparations against St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Newly-promoted Harpenden Town will warm up for their SSML Premier Division campaign with a home clash against neighbours St Albans City.
The derby takes place next Thursday, July 20, and Harps boss Danny Plumb is ready for a tough test against a team three divisions higher.
He said: “St Albans are planning to send their first team squad and they have some quality players so it should be a tough test.
“I really hope the town can turn out to give them a great welcome here.
“We have a string of away cup ties so it would be nice to see the fans turn out on Thursday night to warm us up for the season ahead.
“In the last three years we have finished sixth then fourth and now with second spot we have been promoted.
“It has been down to a lot of hard work by the club both on and off the pitch and now we need to continue the progression.”
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Kick-off at Rothamsted Park is at 7.45pm.