Harpenden Town ready to kick-start pre-season preparations against St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Newly-promoted Harpenden Town will warm up for their SSML Premier Division campaign with a home clash against neighbours St Albans City.
The derby takes place next Thursday, July 20, and Harps boss Danny Plumb is ready for a tough test against a team three divisions higher.
He said: “St Albans are planning to send their first team squad and they have some quality players so it should be a tough test.
“I really hope the town can turn out to give them a great welcome here.
“We have a string of away cup ties so it would be nice to see the fans turn out on Thursday night to warm us up for the season ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“In the last three years we have finished sixth then fourth and now with second spot we have been promoted.
“It has been down to a lot of hard work by the club both on and off the pitch and now we need to continue the progression.”
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Kick-off at Rothamsted Park is at 7.45pm.