Harpenden Town ready to kick-start pre-season preparations against St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Newly-promoted Harpenden Town will warm up for their SSML Premier Division campaign with a home clash against neighbours St Albans City.
The derby takes place next Thursday, July 20, and Harps boss Danny Plumb is ready for a tough test against a team three divisions higher.
He said: “St Albans are planning to send their first team squad and they have some quality players so it should be a tough test.
“I really hope the town can turn out to give them a great welcome here.
“We have a string of away cup ties so it would be nice to see the fans turn out on Thursday night to warm us up for the season ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“In the last three years we have finished sixth then fourth and now with second spot we have been promoted.
“It has been down to a lot of hard work by the club both on and off the pitch and now we need to continue the progression.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Kick-off at Rothamsted Park is at 7.45pm.