Harpenden Town ready for FA Cup test
- Credit: Archant
FA Cup minnows Harpenden Town are ready for their moment in the spotlight when they travel to high-flying Chalfont St Peter for the preliminary round clash.
Harpenden are the lowest-ranked team still in the competition while The Saints are top of the Southern League Division One Central after an unbeaten start to the season.
But manager Danny Plumb is not worried about the gap between the teams.
He said: “We had a great start in the FA Cup beating Cockfosters from the league above us but now we are up against the big boys with Chalfont St Peter who are two leagues above us.
“But we don’t need to be intimidated by them because we have had a good start to the season and our new signings have gelled well and brought experience, pace and new blood into the team.
You may also want to watch:
“At the end of the day I just want the team to play well and enjoy this wonderful experience of an FA Cup occasion. It would be great if our supporters can travel to share the moment with us.”
Town warmed up for the clash by snatching a late draw against Kensington Borough.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
In a rather uninspiring match Kensington thought they had won it with a Ruben Lourenco effort in the 80th minute that took a deflection on it’s way past Connor Sansom.
But Harpenden grabbed the equaliser in the last minute when debutant Phil Smeaton floated a free kick into the top corner.