New-look Harpenden Town progressing to next stage of pre-season campaign
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s latest pre-season game with Ware marked a milestone in new manager Martin Standen’s plan for the new season.
The 3-1 loss saw a vastly-different Harps side field almost two squads and the former Colney Heath and Welwyn Garden City man has said that the numbers would be trimmed down this week before the next game against Bovingdon on Saturday.
The contest, played at Roundwood Park School with Rothamsted Park out of bounds while building works on the leisure centre continues, ended in a 3-1 win for the Isthmian League side.
George Robinson got the goal in the new-look outfit.
He said: "The team is still bedding in and that's going to take time.
You may also want to watch:
"This wasn't one of the better performances but players are fighting for their position and some of them don't know whether they are coming or going.
"Hopefully moving into Saturday we're going to have our 16 to 18 that will take us into the season and onwards."
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years