New-look Harpenden Town progressing to next stage of pre-season campaign
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s latest pre-season game with Ware marked a milestone in new manager Martin Standen’s plan for the new season.
The 3-1 loss saw a vastly-different Harps side field almost two squads and the former Colney Heath and Welwyn Garden City man has said that the numbers would be trimmed down this week before the next game against Bovingdon on Saturday.
The contest, played at Roundwood Park School with Rothamsted Park out of bounds while building works on the leisure centre continues, ended in a 3-1 win for the Isthmian League side.
George Robinson got the goal in the new-look outfit.
He said: "The team is still bedding in and that's going to take time.
You may also want to watch:
"This wasn't one of the better performances but players are fighting for their position and some of them don't know whether they are coming or going.
"Hopefully moving into Saturday we're going to have our 16 to 18 that will take us into the season and onwards."
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style