New-look Harpenden Town progressing to next stage of pre-season campaign
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s latest pre-season game with Ware marked a milestone in new manager Martin Standen’s plan for the new season.
The 3-1 loss saw a vastly-different Harps side field almost two squads and the former Colney Heath and Welwyn Garden City man has said that the numbers would be trimmed down this week before the next game against Bovingdon on Saturday.
The contest, played at Roundwood Park School with Rothamsted Park out of bounds while building works on the leisure centre continues, ended in a 3-1 win for the Isthmian League side.
George Robinson got the goal in the new-look outfit.
He said: "The team is still bedding in and that's going to take time.
You may also want to watch:
"This wasn't one of the better performances but players are fighting for their position and some of them don't know whether they are coming or going.
"Hopefully moving into Saturday we're going to have our 16 to 18 that will take us into the season and onwards."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church