Harpenden Town manager launches pre-season campaign
- Credit: Archant
Town striker Harry Hunt has renovated the Rothamsted Park club house
Harpenden Town manager Danny Plumb has announced his pre-season campaign with training starting in just two weeks on June 25.
The first session will be a tough test for striker Harry Hunt, for the building contractor from St Albans will have to show his team-mates round the newly refurbished clubhouse he has been renovating in the close season.
He said: “It has been a really good job to take on and obviously, as a member of the team, I want to do the best for the players but showing 30 team mates around the new facility will be a bit lively.”
The £100,000 project has been funded by an FA grant and local fundraising by the club.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Danny said: “We are improving on the pitch after coming sixth in [SSML Division One] last season and now we have a club house worthy of the hard work the players have put in.
“The new club house will enhance the players’ experience and I am sure it will make them proud to play for an ambitious club like Harpenden Town.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
“I am also talking to a couple of quality players, they can see the club is going in the right direction and I’m hopeful of adding them to the squad.”
Plumb has lined up pre-season friendlies with Tring Corinthians, Sandridge Rovers, Sun Sports and Stotfold with possibly a couple more to come.
The season kicks off in earnest on August 1 when Harpenden Town take on Hoddesdon Town in the South Midlands Charity Cup.
“It is a mark of the team’s progress that we are among the top Division One teams who will join the Premiership sides in the cup,” said Plumb.
“I am confident that we will be able to re-sign nearly all of our squad but I am always looking to hear from new players, perhaps moving into our area, who can compete at good standard and I am really looking forward to the new season.”
New players who want to join Harpenden Town can call Chairman Roman Motycheck on 07971 026749.
Harry Hunt is an all aspect builder who can be contacted at email@example.com website www.hhbuildingworks.com