Another win has Harpenden Town looking up the table once again
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town continue to bound up the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division after a 3-1 away win at Cockfosters.
The success at Chalk Lane means they have won six of the last 10 league games with only two defeats, a sequence that has seen them rocket up to 13th and banish any relegation fears they had once and for all.
Harpenden’s improved form has coincided with the return of the goalscoring touch for Archie McClelland.
His brace has taken up to 18 for the season with eight in them coming in those 10 games.
Kyle McLeish got the other.
For Cockfosters though, the loss, coupled with Stotfold’s victory means they have slipped to the bottom of the table.
Meanwhile London Colney’s home game with North Greenford United on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 St Albans named among happiest places to live in Britain
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown