Another win has Harpenden Town looking up the table once again
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town continue to bound up the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division after a 3-1 away win at Cockfosters.
The success at Chalk Lane means they have won six of the last 10 league games with only two defeats, a sequence that has seen them rocket up to 13th and banish any relegation fears they had once and for all.
Harpenden’s improved form has coincided with the return of the goalscoring touch for Archie McClelland.
His brace has taken up to 18 for the season with eight in them coming in those 10 games.
Kyle McLeish got the other.
You may also want to watch:
For Cockfosters though, the loss, coupled with Stotfold’s victory means they have slipped to the bottom of the table.
Meanwhile London Colney’s home game with North Greenford United on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?