Harpenden Town hosting memorial for former chairman
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town FC is hosing a memorial football match in remembrance of Brian Hicks on Wednesday (April 16) at Rothamsted Park.
Brian was a very well-known figure in Harpenden, the founder of Hicks and Company Chartered Accountants and also a past president and chairman of the football club.
A big football fan who played until his early forties, he coached a Wheathampstead Wanderers team and hosted many celebrity sporting events for charity, he was also an avid QPR supporter.
The evening will consist of a football match between an ex-Wheathampstead Wanderers XI and a Harpenden Town XI.
Brian played a big part in the development of these two teams over the years. Before the game there will be one minute’s applause in his memory of and a trophy presentation afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
On the night there will be a raffle and the winners will be announced at the end of the game in the clubhouse, with prizes donated by companies and local businesses.
All the proceeds will go towards the PSP Association, a charity dedicated towards helping people with PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy), a degenerative illness that affects balance, speech, swallowing, movement and vision.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The match kicks off at 7.45pm.