Harpenden Town hosting memorial for former chairman
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town FC is hosing a memorial football match in remembrance of Brian Hicks on Wednesday (April 16) at Rothamsted Park.
Brian was a very well-known figure in Harpenden, the founder of Hicks and Company Chartered Accountants and also a past president and chairman of the football club.
A big football fan who played until his early forties, he coached a Wheathampstead Wanderers team and hosted many celebrity sporting events for charity, he was also an avid QPR supporter.
The evening will consist of a football match between an ex-Wheathampstead Wanderers XI and a Harpenden Town XI.
Brian played a big part in the development of these two teams over the years. Before the game there will be one minute’s applause in his memory of and a trophy presentation afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
On the night there will be a raffle and the winners will be announced at the end of the game in the clubhouse, with prizes donated by companies and local businesses.
All the proceeds will go towards the PSP Association, a charity dedicated towards helping people with PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy), a degenerative illness that affects balance, speech, swallowing, movement and vision.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
The match kicks off at 7.45pm.