Harpenden Town hosting memorial for former chairman
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town FC is hosing a memorial football match in remembrance of Brian Hicks on Wednesday (April 16) at Rothamsted Park.
Brian was a very well-known figure in Harpenden, the founder of Hicks and Company Chartered Accountants and also a past president and chairman of the football club.
A big football fan who played until his early forties, he coached a Wheathampstead Wanderers team and hosted many celebrity sporting events for charity, he was also an avid QPR supporter.
The evening will consist of a football match between an ex-Wheathampstead Wanderers XI and a Harpenden Town XI.
Brian played a big part in the development of these two teams over the years. Before the game there will be one minute’s applause in his memory of and a trophy presentation afterwards.
On the night there will be a raffle and the winners will be announced at the end of the game in the clubhouse, with prizes donated by companies and local businesses.
All the proceeds will go towards the PSP Association, a charity dedicated towards helping people with PSP (Progressive Supranuclear Palsy), a degenerative illness that affects balance, speech, swallowing, movement and vision.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The match kicks off at 7.45pm.