Harpenden Town handed home test in FA Cup – if they can pull off another giantkilling
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town have had been handed a home draw in the FA Cup first qualifying round – should they produce another giantkilling act.
Harpenden face Chalfont St Peter of the Southern League Division One Central, two steps higher than themselves, on Saturday in the preliminary round.
And should they manage to produce another stunning win, they will host either Arlesey Town or Potters Bar Town in the next round.
They beat Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Cockfosters 2-1 in the extra preliminary round, their first game in the FA Cup for 11 years.
London Colney were also in this mornings draw and for the third time in the competition this year, they were handed an away trip.
You may also want to watch:
Two Jon Clements’ goals helped them to a 2-1 win at Leverstock Green in the extra preliminary round and travel to Northamptonshire on Saturday to face Desborough Town.
Victory in that game will send them to either Hertford Town or Hadley, both from the same division as The Blueboys.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
First round qualifying matches will be played on September 3, with the winner receiving £3,000 from the FA Cup prize fund.
The draw for the first round qualifying was made prior to the preliminary round in order to help clubs in their scheduling plans ahead of what could be a busy September for many.