Harpenden Town finish season in seventh place
AFTER an impressive first half of the season - Harpenden Town were top of the league for a time – Bob Fowler’s teams formed dipped, and they finished the season in seventh spot.
Harpenden played out two draws in their final two games of the season, giving them a number of positives heading into the offseason.
Saturday saw them make the short trip to The Gosling Stadium to take on the hosts Codicote with a much-changed team. A creditable goalless draw was obtained with the team that finished immediately below them in the league table.
There were goals however at Wodson Park and the Town were twice in front before having to settle for a point in a 2-2 draw.
Chris Green put Harpenden one up but Clay equalised before half time. Ace marksman Jimmy Hill headed home an excellent cross from George Naismith to restore Harpenden’s lead.
You may also want to watch:
And the three points looked secure but a deflected equaliser from Stingemore meant the teams shared the spoils.
• The reserves clinched runners-up spot in the SSML Division Two Reserve with a 4-1 home win over Biggleswade United. A reward for all the team led by Jim Nicholls, Si Andrews, Steve Fox and Ian Wedd.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book