Harpenden Town finish season in seventh place
AFTER an impressive first half of the season - Harpenden Town were top of the league for a time – Bob Fowler’s teams formed dipped, and they finished the season in seventh spot.
Harpenden played out two draws in their final two games of the season, giving them a number of positives heading into the offseason.
Saturday saw them make the short trip to The Gosling Stadium to take on the hosts Codicote with a much-changed team. A creditable goalless draw was obtained with the team that finished immediately below them in the league table.
There were goals however at Wodson Park and the Town were twice in front before having to settle for a point in a 2-2 draw.
Chris Green put Harpenden one up but Clay equalised before half time. Ace marksman Jimmy Hill headed home an excellent cross from George Naismith to restore Harpenden’s lead.
You may also want to watch:
And the three points looked secure but a deflected equaliser from Stingemore meant the teams shared the spoils.
• The reserves clinched runners-up spot in the SSML Division Two Reserve with a 4-1 home win over Biggleswade United. A reward for all the team led by Jim Nicholls, Si Andrews, Steve Fox and Ian Wedd.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 Demystifying the press release: How to submit your stories to the Herts Ad