Harpenden Town downed by 89th minute winner
- Credit: Archant
Tashan Dwyer scored an 89th minute winner to hand Chesham United Reserves a victory over Harpenden Town.
The teams were all-square at 2-2 when Dwyer scored his second goal of the game.
Harpenden manager Danny Plumb said: “We are still struggling with a reduced squad but the guys played well and I felt we were unlucky not to get a point. We hit the bar twice and if we can convert those then we will be up and running.”
Harpenden went ahead after four minutes at Rothamsted Park when Jimmy Hill scored from a free-kick, but Chesham equalised five minutes later through Dwyer, who converted a short corner routine.
Straight from the kick-off in the second half Chesham went ahead when a goalmouth scramble led to a Harpenden own goal.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden picked up the tempo when striker Harry Hunt came on as a substitute and a high cross from him was controlled superbly by Hill, who shot home for his second.
It looked to be enough to earn Town a point until Dwyer popped up in the 89th minute.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden