Harpenden Town downed by 89th minute winner
- Credit: Archant
Tashan Dwyer scored an 89th minute winner to hand Chesham United Reserves a victory over Harpenden Town.
The teams were all-square at 2-2 when Dwyer scored his second goal of the game.
Harpenden manager Danny Plumb said: “We are still struggling with a reduced squad but the guys played well and I felt we were unlucky not to get a point. We hit the bar twice and if we can convert those then we will be up and running.”
Harpenden went ahead after four minutes at Rothamsted Park when Jimmy Hill scored from a free-kick, but Chesham equalised five minutes later through Dwyer, who converted a short corner routine.
Straight from the kick-off in the second half Chesham went ahead when a goalmouth scramble led to a Harpenden own goal.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden picked up the tempo when striker Harry Hunt came on as a substitute and a high cross from him was controlled superbly by Hill, who shot home for his second.
It looked to be enough to earn Town a point until Dwyer popped up in the 89th minute.
- 1 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 2 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 3 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 4 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 5 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 6 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 7 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 8 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 9 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'