Harpenden Town close in on third position in SSML Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town moved closer to their new goal of claiming third place in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with two big wins.
Following their League Cup success, manager Danny Plumb said the next task was chasing down Leighton Town in the league.
And they are now just a point behind their rivals with a game in hand after victories over Tring Athletic and Oxhey Jets.
Saturday’s 3-2 win at home to Tring was a tough battle.
The visitors took the lead on four minutes through Luke Dunstan before Jack Cartwright’s header made it 1-1 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Harps scored next though Charlie Gould only for Dunstan to level it up again.
However, Matt Sutton’s late goal secured the points.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Tuesday’s 5-0 win over Oxhey Jets was far more straight forward.
Dwayne Duncan scored twice while James Ewington took his tally for the year to 44 with a hat-trick.