Harpenden Town close in on third position in SSML Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town moved closer to their new goal of claiming third place in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with two big wins.
Following their League Cup success, manager Danny Plumb said the next task was chasing down Leighton Town in the league.
And they are now just a point behind their rivals with a game in hand after victories over Tring Athletic and Oxhey Jets.
Saturday’s 3-2 win at home to Tring was a tough battle.
The visitors took the lead on four minutes through Luke Dunstan before Jack Cartwright’s header made it 1-1 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Harps scored next though Charlie Gould only for Dunstan to level it up again.
However, Matt Sutton’s late goal secured the points.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
Tuesday’s 5-0 win over Oxhey Jets was far more straight forward.
Dwayne Duncan scored twice while James Ewington took his tally for the year to 44 with a hat-trick.