Harpenden Town close in on third position in SSML Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town moved closer to their new goal of claiming third place in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with two big wins.
Following their League Cup success, manager Danny Plumb said the next task was chasing down Leighton Town in the league.
And they are now just a point behind their rivals with a game in hand after victories over Tring Athletic and Oxhey Jets.
Saturday’s 3-2 win at home to Tring was a tough battle.
The visitors took the lead on four minutes through Luke Dunstan before Jack Cartwright’s header made it 1-1 at the break.
Harps scored next though Charlie Gould only for Dunstan to level it up again.
However, Matt Sutton’s late goal secured the points.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
Tuesday’s 5-0 win over Oxhey Jets was far more straight forward.
Dwayne Duncan scored twice while James Ewington took his tally for the year to 44 with a hat-trick.