Harpenden Town close in on third position in SSML Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town moved closer to their new goal of claiming third place in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division with two big wins.
Following their League Cup success, manager Danny Plumb said the next task was chasing down Leighton Town in the league.
And they are now just a point behind their rivals with a game in hand after victories over Tring Athletic and Oxhey Jets.
Saturday’s 3-2 win at home to Tring was a tough battle.
The visitors took the lead on four minutes through Luke Dunstan before Jack Cartwright’s header made it 1-1 at the break.
Harps scored next though Charlie Gould only for Dunstan to level it up again.
However, Matt Sutton’s late goal secured the points.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
Tuesday’s 5-0 win over Oxhey Jets was far more straight forward.
Dwayne Duncan scored twice while James Ewington took his tally for the year to 44 with a hat-trick.