Harpenden Town claw back a point
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town dug deep on Tuesday night to claw back a two-goal defecit to draw with Edgware Town at Rothamsted Park.
Town scored twice in four minutes to level the game in the second half and get a well deserved point in the SSML Divsion One.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We showed great character to fight back and created loads of chances which paid off. The boys who came on as replacements did well so I am pleased because Edgware are a good side.”
Harpenden went behind after four minutes when a long Edgware corner was chipped back in and Laselle Simon got on the end of it to score.
Town striker Jimmy Warner came close when, with his back to the goal, an overhead kick just went wide. Edgware’s second came when Adem Ali picked up the ball on the left and beat men to move to the centre and scored in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
On 60 minutes, Ant Burns got on the end of the ball in a goalmouth scramble and tipped the ball into the net. Just four minutes later Harpenden had a free kick 25 yards out and Mark Hitchcock headed the ball into the net.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden