Harpenden Town claw back a point
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town dug deep on Tuesday night to claw back a two-goal defecit to draw with Edgware Town at Rothamsted Park.
Town scored twice in four minutes to level the game in the second half and get a well deserved point in the SSML Divsion One.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We showed great character to fight back and created loads of chances which paid off. The boys who came on as replacements did well so I am pleased because Edgware are a good side.”
Harpenden went behind after four minutes when a long Edgware corner was chipped back in and Laselle Simon got on the end of it to score.
Town striker Jimmy Warner came close when, with his back to the goal, an overhead kick just went wide. Edgware’s second came when Adem Ali picked up the ball on the left and beat men to move to the centre and scored in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
On 60 minutes, Ant Burns got on the end of the ball in a goalmouth scramble and tipped the ball into the net. Just four minutes later Harpenden had a free kick 25 yards out and Mark Hitchcock headed the ball into the net.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images