Harpenden Town claw back a point
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town dug deep on Tuesday night to claw back a two-goal defecit to draw with Edgware Town at Rothamsted Park.
Town scored twice in four minutes to level the game in the second half and get a well deserved point in the SSML Divsion One.
Manager Danny Plumb said: “We showed great character to fight back and created loads of chances which paid off. The boys who came on as replacements did well so I am pleased because Edgware are a good side.”
Harpenden went behind after four minutes when a long Edgware corner was chipped back in and Laselle Simon got on the end of it to score.
Town striker Jimmy Warner came close when, with his back to the goal, an overhead kick just went wide. Edgware’s second came when Adem Ali picked up the ball on the left and beat men to move to the centre and scored in the corner.
On 60 minutes, Ant Burns got on the end of the ball in a goalmouth scramble and tipped the ball into the net. Just four minutes later Harpenden had a free kick 25 yards out and Mark Hitchcock headed the ball into the net.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead