Harpenden thrust themselves into promotion race with hugely significant win over Hertford
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden put themselves firmly in the frame for the one remaining promotion spot from East League Division Two South thanks to a 4-2 win over rivals Hertford.
They are now three points behind both them and East London who also fell to defeat on Saturday, with just two weeks of the regular season remaining.
But with a game in hand, they will fancy their chances of pipping the pair to the much-coveted third place.
The game at Queenswood School saw Harpenden run out worthy winners.
Reece Baker-Kiff was unquestionably man of the match, scoring all four of Harpenden goals, but there were other impressive performances from youngsters Harry Kneale and Tom Bleakley who at times made the experienced Hertford side look very ordinary.
You may also want to watch:
It was 2-1 at half-time and Harpenden always managed to keep their noses in front even if Hertford kept chipping away.
Harpenden head to Witham on Saturday knowing a win is vital with East London the opposition for their final home game.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans