Harpenden team finish fourth
MADISON.CO.UK finished the inaugural Tour Series campaign in fourth place following the final leg of the competition last week. The Harpenden-based team went into the final event, held on the sea-front at Southend, in fourth place but were unable to build
MADISON.CO.UK finished the inaugural Tour Series campaign in fourth place following the final leg of the competition last week.
The Harpenden-based team went into the final event, held on the sea-front at Southend, in fourth place but were unable to build on that as the top three teams battled it out to win the Tour Series title.
People flocked to the sea-front to see the final and they were not disappointed.
The top three sides were separated by just a point going in to the event with Team Halfords Bike Hut (the tour name of the Great Britain cycling squad) triumphing to take the title.
The Halfords side included Olympians Ed Clancy and Rob Hayles, who finished first ahead of Candi-TV Marshalls Pasta rider Malcolm Elliot following a photo finish.
Hayles' victory was vital with Halfords winning margin just two points. Candi-TV Marshalls Pasta finished second with Rapha-Condor in third.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Madison accumulated 84 points from the 10 rounds and were just 12 points behind the eventual winners.
Stephen Adams was the first man home for Madison on the night after leading the race for a couple of laps prior to its conclusion.
The series has been a popular event with both riders and fans alike and wherever it's been held people have flocked to see the action.
After the success of this year's event there are already plans to stage the event again next year.