Harpenden swimmers meet London 2012 Olympians
- Credit: Archant
HARPDENDEN Swimming Club members drew inspiration from London’s Olympians on their camp at Bath University.
During half term Harps took 26 of its county swimmers on a week long camp to Somerset.
Now in its eighth year, the camp encompasses 11, two hour sessions in a 50m pool, land training sessions and a daily run up the hill from the Youth Hostel to the Sports Village.
Whilst on camp the swimmers were lucky enough to meet London 2012 Olympic 200m Breaststroke Finalist Andrew Willis, pictured right with club captain Izzy Thompson, who signed kit for them.
They also met paralympic swimmer Stephanie Millward, who brought her four silver and one bronze medals along with an Olympic torch for the swimmers to hold.
You may also want to watch:
After all this, plus a masterclass from Olympian Stacey Tadd’s coach, the swimmers were thoroughly inspired and the club is looking with anticipation towards their performances at Hertfordshire County Championships in March.
If you are interested in joining a competitive swimming club, contact email@example.com.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
The club is especially interested in recruiting nine-year-olds.