Harpenden swimmers meet London 2012 Olympians
- Credit: Archant
HARPDENDEN Swimming Club members drew inspiration from London’s Olympians on their camp at Bath University.
During half term Harps took 26 of its county swimmers on a week long camp to Somerset.
Now in its eighth year, the camp encompasses 11, two hour sessions in a 50m pool, land training sessions and a daily run up the hill from the Youth Hostel to the Sports Village.
Whilst on camp the swimmers were lucky enough to meet London 2012 Olympic 200m Breaststroke Finalist Andrew Willis, pictured right with club captain Izzy Thompson, who signed kit for them.
They also met paralympic swimmer Stephanie Millward, who brought her four silver and one bronze medals along with an Olympic torch for the swimmers to hold.
After all this, plus a masterclass from Olympian Stacey Tadd’s coach, the swimmers were thoroughly inspired and the club is looking with anticipation towards their performances at Hertfordshire County Championships in March.
If you are interested in joining a competitive swimming club, contact email@example.com.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
The club is especially interested in recruiting nine-year-olds.