Harpenden swimmers meet London 2012 Olympians
- Credit: Archant
HARPDENDEN Swimming Club members drew inspiration from London’s Olympians on their camp at Bath University.
During half term Harps took 26 of its county swimmers on a week long camp to Somerset.
Now in its eighth year, the camp encompasses 11, two hour sessions in a 50m pool, land training sessions and a daily run up the hill from the Youth Hostel to the Sports Village.
Whilst on camp the swimmers were lucky enough to meet London 2012 Olympic 200m Breaststroke Finalist Andrew Willis, pictured right with club captain Izzy Thompson, who signed kit for them.
They also met paralympic swimmer Stephanie Millward, who brought her four silver and one bronze medals along with an Olympic torch for the swimmers to hold.
After all this, plus a masterclass from Olympian Stacey Tadd’s coach, the swimmers were thoroughly inspired and the club is looking with anticipation towards their performances at Hertfordshire County Championships in March.
If you are interested in joining a competitive swimming club, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
The club is especially interested in recruiting nine-year-olds.