Ben Frazer and Andrew Neal show good form but Harpenden suffer defeat at North Mymms
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s disappointing season in the Saracens Herts Cricket League Premier Division continued with a six-wicket loss away to North Mymms.
They were put into bat at Home Farm and saw Gregg Cooper fall to the very first ball.
Harpenden tried to set about the new ball but the second wicket fell with 18 on the board and the third just three runs later.
Mymms were on top but with the dangerous Nick Lamb and Ben Frazer in tandem, Harpenden quickly moved the score on to 70.
Frazer went on to make 57 off just 39 balls, a knock that included seven fours and three sixes.
You may also want to watch:
It was a brief highlight though as the visitors were all out for 158.
Andrew Neal was impressive with his left-arm seamers and he saw off Hamza Ahmed for just two runs on his way to 2-30.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
But a 51 from Steve Snell took Mymms up to the line and they crossed it shortly after.
Harpenden remain second from bottom with a trip to Hertford next up on Saturday.