Ben Frazer and Andrew Neal show good form but Harpenden suffer defeat at North Mymms
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s disappointing season in the Saracens Herts Cricket League Premier Division continued with a six-wicket loss away to North Mymms.
They were put into bat at Home Farm and saw Gregg Cooper fall to the very first ball.
Harpenden tried to set about the new ball but the second wicket fell with 18 on the board and the third just three runs later.
Mymms were on top but with the dangerous Nick Lamb and Ben Frazer in tandem, Harpenden quickly moved the score on to 70.
Frazer went on to make 57 off just 39 balls, a knock that included seven fours and three sixes.
You may also want to watch:
It was a brief highlight though as the visitors were all out for 158.
Andrew Neal was impressive with his left-arm seamers and he saw off Hamza Ahmed for just two runs on his way to 2-30.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
But a 51 from Steve Snell took Mymms up to the line and they crossed it shortly after.
Harpenden remain second from bottom with a trip to Hertford next up on Saturday.