Ben Frazer and Andrew Neal show good form but Harpenden suffer defeat at North Mymms
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden’s disappointing season in the Saracens Herts Cricket League Premier Division continued with a six-wicket loss away to North Mymms.
They were put into bat at Home Farm and saw Gregg Cooper fall to the very first ball.
Harpenden tried to set about the new ball but the second wicket fell with 18 on the board and the third just three runs later.
Mymms were on top but with the dangerous Nick Lamb and Ben Frazer in tandem, Harpenden quickly moved the score on to 70.
Frazer went on to make 57 off just 39 balls, a knock that included seven fours and three sixes.
It was a brief highlight though as the visitors were all out for 158.
Andrew Neal was impressive with his left-arm seamers and he saw off Hamza Ahmed for just two runs on his way to 2-30.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 8 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 9 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
But a 51 from Steve Snell took Mymms up to the line and they crossed it shortly after.
Harpenden remain second from bottom with a trip to Hertford next up on Saturday.