Harpenden stun Wapping
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden produced a stunning team performance to defeat East Division Two South leaders Wapping.
The 2-0 score was the Londoners first defeat of the league campaign and only Harpenden’s third success.
Both goals, scored by Danny Burgess and Olly Edmond, came inside the last 10 minutes.
Burgess rifled in the first after being teed up from a short-corner by Andrew Salveson and, with Wapping’s goalkeeper pulled for an extra attacker, Edmond pounced after a goalmouth scramble.
For the majority of the game defences had been on top.
Harpenden had worked cohesively to prevent the Wapping attack from gaining momentum and opportunities with the leaders periodically exerting similar pressure.
Space down the flanks proved to be where Harpenden found most joy, the win lifting them into eighth.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school