Harpenden stun Wapping
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden produced a stunning team performance to defeat East Division Two South leaders Wapping.
The 2-0 score was the Londoners first defeat of the league campaign and only Harpenden’s third success.
Both goals, scored by Danny Burgess and Olly Edmond, came inside the last 10 minutes.
Burgess rifled in the first after being teed up from a short-corner by Andrew Salveson and, with Wapping’s goalkeeper pulled for an extra attacker, Edmond pounced after a goalmouth scramble.
For the majority of the game defences had been on top.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden had worked cohesively to prevent the Wapping attack from gaining momentum and opportunities with the leaders periodically exerting similar pressure.
Space down the flanks proved to be where Harpenden found most joy, the win lifting them into eighth.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land