Harpenden ship three in Bedford loss
Harpenden Town’s run of games without a win stands at three following Saturday’s 3-0 loss to Bedford.
Luigi Rocco, James Hilsden and Ryan Smith were on target for the hosts as Harpenden fell to 10th in SSML Division One.
Simon Andrews’ side’s last win in the league came on September 21 in a 3-1 victory over Langford.
Since then, Town have lost 11-1 to Kings Langley and drawn 2-2 with Baldock in the league and exited the SSML Division One Cup, Challenge Trophy and the Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy.
Harpenden have a chance to put together a run in the Anagram Trophy, starting this Saturday with a visit from AFC Whitwell to Rothamsted Park.
You may also want to watch:
A win could be the springboard the team needs for the next three league fixtures against Arlesey Town Reserves, Codicote and Winslow United before they are back in cup action against Sawbridgeworth in the Herts FA Charity Shield.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Marford Road, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead: Motorists hospitalised after crash
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans