Singer hits the right note as Harpenden seal late win over Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A late goal from James Singer earned Harpenden a vital 2-1 win at home to Colchester in East League Division Two South.
The hockey club, who are playing at Queenswood School in Brookmans Park while their Woollams home is being used by St Albans School, are up to fifth in the division and this result continues their fine form.
The first half finished goalless although Colchester kept Andy King busy in the Harpenden goal with more chances.
But Harpenden were much more incisive in the second half, finally making use of their better possession.
One attack saw Reece Baker-Kiff converted a penalty corner and Callum West was unlucky not to add to that at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden did gift Colchester an equaliser with a quarter of the game to go but Singer’s deft touch from a Harry Kneale put them ahead for the second and final time.
They travel to Felixstowe on Saturday, who sit two places below them in the table.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district