Winchester and Sambrook’s heroics not enough for Harpenden’s second string against Knebworth Park
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A stand of 108 between Nick Winchester and Josh Sambrook was not enough to bring the win for Harpenden seconds at home to Knebworth Park in SHCL Division One.
With Harps’ second string struggling at 77-6 in response to the visitors’ 251-9, the duo played a clever innings to drag them closer to their target.
But when the pairing was finally broken with a smart run-out of Winchester (26) by keeper Tariq Umair and the bowling of Sambrook, after a 65-ball 67, by Gareth Jones, Harpenden’s hopes perished and they finished on 211.
The first innings had seen Park start like an express train but Harpenden’s bowlers managed to slow them down, moving them for a commanding 158-3 to a worrying 211-9.
Adam Winchester, who got 37 with the bat, was the pick of the bowling attack, claiming 5-31.
You may also want to watch:
John Card weighed in with two wickets and Nick Winchester and Nick Reeves managed one each.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans